Wednesday, April 29, 2015

February 27 2015
Dalton Tilley

   There’s not even a second guess to what aspect of my memory I would choose to improve. I chose to improve my short term memory. I’m the worlds worst at forgetting stuff. I forget everything. Never in my life have I actually remember where I have left something. It would also make it easier to study right before a test and remember all the answers a lot easier. Just imagine training your short term to be photographic, you could just basically cheat on a test, without cheating. you would still be learning the material, and it would be in your head alot better! Also, this would save me a lot of time considering how much time I spend looking for things that are in spots that aren’t that hard to find. I once looked 45 minutes for my credit card and it was in the plain open, a place I looked many of times. It’s also a thing to where I start doing one thing, and start doing another, and completely forgetting about the first thing I was doing. This happens at my job also, I’ll run bread through the over, and then go to grab something from the back, and just start doing another thing and the bread ends up burning at the end a little. It’s just so many things I could go on and on about because it’s an everyday thing. It also makes me angry now to forget where stuff is, I’m just like, “ UGH NOT AGAIN.” I instantly know I’ll never find it but look for it anyways haha. So, improving this would be very helpful to me. It would help at my job, and a lot more daily activities this just gets in the way of, it also makes me procrastinate on accident. I have started trying to encode where I place things, As in I’ll sit and think about it and make sure it is implant in my head to where it is. This didn’t work out to well considering I still forgot the spot. So then I tried remembering detail of the areas it was in, something that caught my eye, like a coin beside it, or a certain spot on something. This helped a bit actually,  I tried it for a day and I actually noticed me forgetting less stuff. That was a big improvement of how it was before. I also tell myself where they things are now. I repeat it to myself where I can remember it by thinking of the words I repeated over and over and that tells me where it is. This was the one that got me to really remember where things are. Going over it again and again, until finally I won’t forget it. I make it into long term memory, other than short term. I haven’t tried it much, mainly because I forget to try the thing to help me remember things, how ironic is that.

No comments:

Post a Comment